HMJEWELRY - Crafter's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premium

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to use:. Beading Wire .:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john33

What to use:. Beading Wire .: Empty
PostSubject: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:55 am

I use beadalon wires for any gemstone chips, it does provide the extra strength needed.
Although I tend not to be slivers rather larger gem chips like amethysts.
I can imagine using slivers you must have to very careful not to loose individual stones.

I really like tourmaline which offers a good mix of colors green, pinks, and browns. Creates instant impact, loads of colour that naturally complement each other. I buy from cooksons in the UK. www.cooksongold.com/gemstones/ Any body have other favorites ? Single block colors although popular when selling at fairs I find a little uninspiring from a design point of view. Anybody have any alternative mix ideas ?

best info.
Back to top Go down
Hope
Admin
Admin
Hope

PostSubject: Re: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Thank you for your input. All input is important on this site, especially since we want it to grow.

Another type I use for gemstones is "Tiger-Tail". Both types are good though. Firemountaingems.com has some good deals on beading wire.

Thank you for the link too. I am gonna add that to the discount section.
Back to top Go down
https://hmjewelry.forumotion.com
Jacob Berry

PostSubject: Re: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks for sharing such good information about this topic...really thankful for u ...

Admin
Admin
Hope

PostSubject: Re: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:00 am

That is what I hoped for when I designed this site.. I want us to all help each other if possible. I am glad you like this site. That makes me happy..

So have you tried the "Tiger-Tail"?
Back to top Go down
naslundtabatha

PostSubject: Re: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:19 am

The tensile strength of beading wire is dependent on several factors the material the strand count, and the overall diameter of the wire.
________
Murano Glass
Back to top Go down
Hope
Admin
Admin
Hope

PostSubject: Re: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:49 am

Some beading wires are really thin and very strong, for those really small beads, or for multiple passes.
I am trying to find a brand that doesn't kink too easily though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to use:. Beading Wire .:   What to use:. Beading Wire .: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to use:. Beading Wire .:
Page 1 of 1